Snetterton 300 11 July 2020

Snetterton's original purpose was as an RAF airfield, designated for use by the 96th United States Air Force Bomber Group between May 1943 and November 1948. The circuit itself was created in 1951 from the network of remaining runways and its first race event was held in the same year by the Aston Martin Owner's Club. The circuit configuration has changed several times during Snetterton's 60 year history. In the 1960s and early 70s it was 2.7 miles in length and a large section ran almost adjacent to the A11 road, before a sharp hairpin turn and a long run back to what are now the Brundle and Nelson corners. During this period Russell Bend was added as the final corner of the track, in order to slow race vehicles as they approached the pits. Since the 1970s, however, the lap was shortened considerably to just under two miles until 2011, when MSV created a new multi-configuration layout, the 300 circuit, completed in February 2011. Snetterton has hosted many significant events over the past six decades, including non-championship F1 encounters, the first Formula Ford events and the UK's first ever 24 hour race, the Willhire 24 Hour, which ran from 1980 to 1994. Snetterton was the second circuit the Elise Trophy visited on the 22nd April 2007. No Lotus enthusiast will ever forget the Lotus Festival of 2010 at Snetterton when the greatest collection of Lotus Formula 1 cars ever assembled took to the circuit, alongside the current day F1 team – Team Lotus. Of course the Elise Trophy was one of the race highlights alongside Lotus Cup Europe. In 2011 the Elise Trophy & Lotus Cup UK had the honour of being the opening races on the new 300 circuit. » Circuit Website

Event Information & Entry List

Entry List (provisional):

Coming soon.